BedbugFREE is the establishment of a network of pest management firms throughout the United States that share a similar philosophy and approach to bed bug management as BedBug Central. BedbugFREE was launched in January of 2009 and will be adding new companies in new geographic regions on a regular basis. Some examples of the core philosophies that are shared among these companies include the following:
- Commitment to Educating Clients about bed bugs. This includes having a variety of fact sheets available as well as communicating the findings and observations of bed bug services that are rendered.
- Treatment methods that address all life stages including eggs.
- Methods that do not rely exclusively upon conventional pesticides.
- Utilizes different strategies specifically geared for addressing bed bug eggs that are not easily dealt with through chemical means (i..e steam, cryonite, vacuums, heat, fumigation etc.)
- Use of high quality mattress and box spring encasements as opposed to treating mattresses with pesticides.
- Thorough follow up program that is not based upon a minimum number of visits but rather is based upon the current status of the bed bug activity.
- Well defined methodology for determining when an infestation has been eliminated
- Provide recommendations to property managers regarding the importance of including surrounding units in the scope of work in multi-occupancy settings